A New Batch of Polish Troops for Iraq?



Preparing to Kill, Preparing to Die
Fresh from his Afghan investigation mission to find out just where did the keys and steering wheels of them Polish humvees finally end up, the Polish Minister for Defence, Aleksander Szczyglo, announced on Saturday that the Polish army are currently preparing their 10th contingent for the Iraqi theatre of war. Of course, there has been no gvt. approval for a 10th deployment as of yet, but if the conservative pro-war government decides to prolong their role in the abysmal occupation and continue to lick U.S. Administration ass then, the army logic goes, the boys (and one or two girls I presume)have got to be ready.

Polish Pseudocracy
Approximately 900 Polish troops are based southeast of Baghdad in the district of Al Diwaniyah. Keeping up with their excellent tradition of respecting the will of the people, this Paddy in Poland bets that the Polish gvt. will more than likely go through with extending their involvement in Iraq. And just what is the will of the people of Poland, that their gvt. strives so arduously hard to adhere by, we all wonder?
Well, according to a well respected poll conducted last month, where 903 people were questioned, a whooping 83% were against continued participation in the U.S. led occupation while only 15% were in favour. Which leaves an unaccounted for 2%! Maybe they answered - 'Where the fuck is Iraq?' or 'I'm in a rush to the shops!' or 'There are still Polish troops in Iraq!'

On July 16th Public Duck Enemy No. 1 Lech Kaczynski will visit War Criminal Bush in Washington and over a cup of tea and a biscuit discuss the affair further. Oh, hold on, I mean Bush will tell Kaczynski to send another contingent if he wants his phallic dream of Anti-Ballistic Missiles to be based in Slupsk, Northern Poland.

Prevention is better than cure

Speaking of which the Democrats in Congress have moved towards constructing legal obstacles to prevent the controversial proposal of interceptors in Poland and a radar base in the Czech Republic. They've already snipped $40 million from the proposed budget which would have assisted the commencement of preparatory work next year. Of course, Bush can and will veto these moves - cause remember, he's more democratic than the Democrats!

There are many problems in Iraq, of that all can agree. Sending more Polish soldiers to Iraq is not the answer. Striking arms deals with the Iraqi Prime Minister, as was done a couple of months ago by Kaczynski, is not the answer. Lending support to trade unions and progressive organisations not driven by the power of the gun or sectarianism is something which has worked for Poland in the past - would that they could explore these avenues from this summer on, and abandon their collaboration with an already flawed military mission.

Holier Than Thou Occupiers!
But then again, won't peace be won through the hard fought efforts of all the occupation forces fighting against inhuman insurgents who care not for life nor limb due to the 'fact' that there is a shitload of virgins (this belief is due to a mistranslation which has been debunked by respected and rational Islamic scholars) awaiting them in paradise?
Hmmmm, let's defer to the U.S. marine code answer that question:

This is my rifle.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

I must fire my rifle true.

I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me.

I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire,

the noise of our bursts, nor the smoke we make.

We know it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life.

Thus, I will learn it as a brother.

I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories,
its sights, and its barrel.

I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.

I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.

We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed.

My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country.

We are the masters of our enemy.

We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until there is no enemy, but PEACE.


-- Maj Gen WH Rupertus

Would you want a bunch of psychos who spew this garbage and engrain it on their dehumanised hearts to be hanging around your country (It's a rhetorical question)?
I think not! What Poland needs is a couple of mutiniers within their army ranks in Iraq. Surely they are pissed off at being away from their loved ones and knowing that the Iraqi people are sick and tired or western troops marching on their land and sand!

Epilogue for the soldiers
So if any of ye soldiers happen to read this article (of which I doubt) then please use your many skills to reenter and thrive as a civilian not a soldier/pawn for imperialists who don't give a rats arse about your welfare, stay with your family, and if you want to help the Iraqi people donate to some of the non-sectarian and non-occupation force affiliated humanitarian groups that work in Iraq.
And if you want to be a patriot then I could suggest no better place than Bialego Miasteczka, to stand shoulder to shoulder alongside the brave nurses, medical personnel and their supporters outside the Prime Minister's offices and demand they are treated with the respect and dignity they deserve.

Comments

Popular Posts